As we head into the new NRL season, the transfers have been chaotic across the board. That said one of the things on many people’s lips is the introduction of the Women’s NRL league.
Clubs have been scrambling to put together proposals to be granted one of the 6 licences the NRL will issue.
Exciting things could be heading towards the NRL as the Women’s league has been in high demand recently. There was an initial deadline for licence applicants of 1 February but due to demand and logistics, the NRL have given clubs an additional 2 weeks to present their case for a licence.
You don’t need 2 weeks to be able to sign up to some convenient horse racing betting sites.
New Fresh Faces
Charlie Galo is the only player that is now off contract in the 2018 season. Players that have been added to the cut this year includes:
- Ryan Hoffman ex-Warriors will be making his Storm debut
- Sam Kasiano comes to us from the Bulldogs
- Patrick Kaufusi rides in from the Cowboys
- Ryan Papenhuyzen will be leaping to Storm this season from the Tigers
- Sandor Earl makes his return after NRL suspension
- Billy Walters is moving in from the Sunshine Coast
Players Exiting The Team
2018 also sees Storm say goodbye to some familiar faces. It is with a heavy hart that we say goodbye to the following players in 2018:
- The legendary Cooper Cronk is heading to to the Roosters
- Jesse Arthars will be running with the Rabbitohs
- Slade Griffin is squaring up with the Knights
- Tohu Harris is leaving to fight with the Warriors
- Jordan McLean is riding out with the Cowboys
- Jake Turpin is raising his game to play with the Norths
- Mark Nicholls is joining Jeese Arthars with the Rabbitohs
- Robbie Rochow will be joining the West Tigers,
- Nate Myles has retired,
- Jeremy Hawkins is heading to Redcliffe
- Vincent Leuluai will also be joining the Rabbitohs
The Solid Players
Players that are staying in the Storm family this year make up the rest of the team:
- Ryley Jacks and Billy Slater will see their contracts end this year and so var there have not been any official renegotiation talks between the boys and Storm.
- Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Joe Stimson, Christian Welch and Felise Kaufusi al are still under contract for 2019 so we can still look forward to two more years of hard action from these guys.
- Locked down until 2020 with Storm we have Cheyse Blair, Kenny Bromwich, Will Chambers, Brodie Croft, Suliasi Vunivalu, Jahrome Hughes. These players have been foundational with Storm and they are always welcome in the team.
- Players set with Storm until 2021 and beyond include the familiar faces of Josh Addo-Carr Dale Finucane Curtis Scott Jesse Bromwich Brandon Smith
Strom fans are really looking forward to putting the new faces through their paces. We have a talented line-up of new and old flying the Storm flag this year.